Getting the bullet back

>> Sunday 7 February 2010

In the recent post on the new blog design I lamented that the unordered list bullet had disappeared in the side bar in the new blog design.

I now have it back, albeit not quite the way I want it. Here's what I did.

Inspecting the template I find this piece of CSS code:

.sidebar li {
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
line-height: 1.8em;
list-style-type: none;
border-bottom: 0px solid $sidebarListLineColor;
}

Meaning that a list item in the sidebar will get no bullet. I simply remove list-style-type: none; and the bullets reappear.

However, what I'd REALLY like is to replace the standard bullet with just a simple dash (-). All those big fat bullets are a bit of an eyesore and a simple dash would look better.

Anyone knows how to do that?

2 comments:

Alan Myers Sunday, February 07, 2010 3:55:00 pm  

unfortunately CSS2 doesn't support a dash for the list-style-type.

Your best bet may be creating a transparent .gif of the dash and then use the list-style-image property

list-style-image:url("your-image.gif");

Hope this helps,

Alan

Per and Britt, BKWine Sunday, February 07, 2010 4:28:00 pm  

Alan,
Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping not to have to deal with a separate bullet gif. But perhaps that's the only option.
-Per

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ooo

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP